Saturday, January 26, 2013

Masculine Thinking of You

Today I have a Masculine Thinking of You Card I did for a WT Challenge over at SCS.  This week's challenge was to incorporate a Time theme into your design.  It could be calendars, clocks... whatever, as long as it had to do with time.  Well I bought CB's Clockworks embossing folder some time ago and have desperately wanted to play around with it but just haven't had a chance yet - until now!!  This card actually took a few turns during its creation but in the end I am really happy with the way it turned out!!


Masculine Thinking of You All The Time

 I double embossed with SU Daffodil Delight and inked a few of the gears with SU Old Olive.  I then matted it with green Core'dinations.  The woven ribbon is actually a gem of a find at the Dollar Tree - I bought all of it!!!  The buttons are SU and I used hemp cord to connect them together and attached with hot glue.  The sentiment piece is three layers.  For the top layer I hand wrote the sentiment onto vellum and then layered onto a cream colored scrap that I had inked the edges of with SU Pumkin Pie.  I matted that onto an orange colored scrap that I inked the edges of with SU Old Olive.  I punched the brads through all three layers and then threaded hemp cord through the brads and tied off with a little bow!


 Thanks for stopping by, Shabby Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENT!