Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Well Traveled Birthday

Today I am posting a card I actually did last month.  I made a Tri-Shutter Card for my brother for his birthday!  I didn't want to post it until I knew he had received it first!!  And then well I had moved on to my next projects and kept forgetting to go back and post it!!  So here you go folks...

My brother has loved motorcycles for as long as I can remember and has owned a few here and there!  Though I am terrified for the people who ride motorcycles... I acknowledge and understand my brother's passion for The Ride!!  He currently has made the switch from the 'crotch rockets' I remember from the past to the more sophisticated ride of a Harley touring bike.  He and his wife enjoy long cross country rides together on his new bright red beauty!!  When I started working on his card they had just returned from a trip that took them from southern Oklahoma to northern Wisconsin!  They had a wonderful time seeing all that beautiful country.  Okay so all of that to give you the reason for the elements I chose for his card.

Well Traveled Birthday - Tri Shutter Card

For the front and back panels, I searched and searched until I found a digital image of a map of the state of Wisconsin (most of their trip was centered around being in Wisconsin).  I made sure that specific cities of significance were visible.  I distressed the edges of the map pieces with red SU! Real Red and the center sentiment piece with SU! Old Olive.  As for the motorcycle - just when I was about to give up on finding a sticker of a motorcycle that was red, I was walking down the sticker isle for the last time in the last available store in my area when my 2 1/2 year old son said, "look mommy, motorcycle!!"  I looked where is little finger was pointing and there it was!!!  Not just a motorcycle - but a RED one, yeaaahh!!  My little man saved the day!!  I would tell you the sticker deets but I have forgotten and already threw away the outer packaging, I'm sorry.  I can tell you I got it at HL and it also had a leather jacket, gloves and a helmet.  The other dp is from the Paper Studio's glory 2 God paper pack.  The ribbon accents are 1" grosgrain.

Well, I hope you enjoyed today's post.  If you are new to my blog and want to see the details of how make a Tri Shutter Card, check out this post.


Thanks for stopping by,
Shabby Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENT!