Friday, July 20, 2012

With Sympathy

Unfortunately I have needed to make two sympathy cards this week.  These cards are always so difficult for me.  As I know others have, my husband and I have suffered some mountainous losses and I know all to intimately that pain, that physical pain you have when you lose someone dear.  My heart pours into these cards and I pray over each one to provide, even if just a speck, some comfort to the receipt and for them to know that I am thinking of them and praying for their comfort, strength, and peace.

Here are the two I made.  Both were for men who have passed away so I wanted them to be on the masculine side...

CARD #1

With Sympathy Card
With Sympathy Card
The burgundy background is from Core'dinations nastalgia, the cross patterned paper is from the Faith paper pack by The Paper Studio.  The sentiment is from Stampin Up.

With Sympathy Card Close Up
I tried to take a close up to show you that I took a glitter pen and drew over the lines of the large cross to the left of the sentiment.  I thought it added just the right amount of something extra.  The photo doesn't do it justice!

CARD #2

For this card I used craft paper, misc green from my stash and the middle patterned paper came from the Linen Closet matstack by Premium Stacks - I love that stack!!  I used green brads and hemp cord for added embellishments.

With Sympathy Card
With Sympathy Card
I hope the recipients have at least a moment of comfort when they receive these cards.  And I pray that peace returns to their hearts soon.


Thanks for stopping by,
Shabby Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENT!