Thursday, September 13, 2012

When you begin with Paris...

Hello everyone and No I am NOT in Paris!!!  I wish!!!  Today I bring you a wedding card I did for a dear friend.  She knows this wonderfully adorable couple who were getting married and I was honored when asked if I would make a card for her to give them!!

So yes, I have to give a little background first... First of all did I mention how fabulous this couple is??  Can I tell you I haven't had the pleasure of meeting them??  Yes, you read that right.... I am bragging about two people I have never met before.  I know how fabulous they are through the eyes of my dear friend who speaks fondly of them often.  So, I kinda feel as though I know them too!!  Okay, back to the wedding card (I digress, get use to it!!).  The couple took a trip to Paris where he proposed to her under the Eiffel Tower!!  I will give you a moment to soak that in.... OMG! How Romantic is that - A Fairy Tale Romantic - That's How Romantic!!!  With that the design theme was chosen.... Paris of course!!

Here is the card!

Paris Dream Wedding Tri-Shutter Card
My friend brought the couples' "Save the Date" card and wedding invitation to use for color inspiration.  The dp is Destinations Afar by Katie Pertiet.  The center panel was created by embossing a piece of SU! Tempting Turquoise with the Paper Studio's Intricate Swirls folder and inking the edges with SU! Pacific Point and Tempting Turquoise.  The dp panels were matted with coredination cardstock and edges inked with CTMH Wild Flower.  The four corner panels were matted with SU! Daffodil Delight , edges inked with Wild Flower and then coredination cardstock also with the edges inked with Wild Flower.  All of the embellishments; the center photo of Paris, the tassel tied to the corner of the photo, and the four corner photos of the couple were all cut from their Save the Date package.  Those cute photo booth pictures of them.... the couple had them taken in a photo booth in Paris after the proposal - and acceptance of said proposal of course!!!  As for the sentiment, I personally get to take credit for that one!!!  I was struggling at first what to say on this one.  They are both very beautiful, educated and sophisticated people.  The typical cutesy stuff was not going to cut it on this one.  But then all of a sudden it hit me, I ran it by my friend and she loved it!!  After all, how else could a story continue on from Paris but as a dream!!  I wish them all the happiness in the world and that their marriage is one dream come true after another!!


Thanks for stopping by, Shabby Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENT!