Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Double Gate Card

Phew is it a whirl wind in my house lately!  This year when everyone started talking about starting again I was actually listening!!  My son started school this year - well sorta!  We decided to enroll him in MDO two days a week.  That is school enough me.  On our first day (oh I meant his first day!!), he did great - Mommy was the one who needed major amounts of Kleenex!  I was doing GREAT until it was actually time to leave him there :(  Then the emotions boiled up so bad I could hardly contain them.  Well my little man could tell his mommy was upset so that's when he got upset - I just had to walk away.  Don't you know I was told that after being upset for maybe two minutes he was terrific the rest of the day!!  When I picked him up he certainly very happy to see and ready to go home but he was also very excited to tell me all about his day and his new adventures!  Though I miss him terribly when we are apart - I know this will be good for him, for us for him to spend more time with other children his age and learn knew things from someone other than his SuperMommy!!

So how did I keep myself from getting in car and going up there and getting my son back, you ask??  Well I took the opportunity to spend some time in favorite Cyber house - Splitcoaststampers!!  I Love Love Love this place!!  If are into ANY kind of craft and want to meet some really awesome people, you have got to check this wonderful place!  It is full of Fun, Ideas, Tutorials, and beautiful Galleries Galore!!!  I have been participating in a few of their challenge and have really enjoyed it!  I decided I was going to started sharing my challenge experiences on my blog!

This week's Try a New Technique Challenge was to make a Double Gate card.  You can check out the challenge here.  This was so cute that I just couldn't resist!!  Here is mine...

Double Gate Thank You Card - Opened

 This is a close up of just the front when the card folded up!

Double Gate Card -Closed

I actually made this whole card from my scraps box, so no deets on the paper.  The Castle Stamp is from D.O.T.S - S162 Miss August Chelsea.  The inside sentiment is unkown - if you know, please let me know in the comments below!  I used the nestabilities big scalloped squares for the inside sentiment and outside tag.  I distressed the edges with CTMH Oak Brown and SU Melon Mambo.  A little hemp cord to tie it all up and walaa!  I absolutely love these cards!!  A thought occurred to me though...  Wouldn't these make adorable little birthday invitations??!!!  Now I just need to plan a party!! Thanks Judy for such a fun challenge!



Thanks for stopping by, Shabby Jo

2 comments:

  1. Great card! Love that stamp on the front.

    Congrats on surviving the first day of school. It's always tougher on the parents than the kids. And yes Splitcoaststampers rocks!!!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENT!